3. Personal information is gathered and managed by Ann-Marie James in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR. I endeavour to keep all personal information up to date and manage appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the personal information I hold.
4. I keep all written records double locked at all times. Any clinical notes I take are anonymised so unidentifiable to anyone but myself.
5. All clinical information about the content and process of psychotherapy is strictly confidential. The only exception to this is if I believe you are a danger to yourself or someone else, or if there is information about terrorism or money laundering that is brought to my attention at any point.
6. If I hold your contact details, I will use them only for contacting you in connection with any appointment enquiry or other request you have made.
7. Ann-Marie James will never sell or transfer your contact details on to third parties, except when required to do so by law.
8. By making an appointment enquiry, you give implied consent for me to contact you via the details provided. All personal information and details are kept in accordance with the BACP Code of Ethics. Full details of my commitment to confidentiality and best practice are issued to every client prior to a first meeting in my Disclosure Statement. A copy of this is available on request to any current or former client at any time.
9. If I hold your contact details, you have the right to find out what those details are, to have your details updated or corrected, or to have them removed from our database. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and your request will be actioned upon receipt follow legal and ethical consideration.
10. EU e-Privacy Directive for Cookies. www.reading-counsellor.co.uk uses only cookies of Category 1 (strictly necessary) and Category 2 (performance) which are anonymous and aggregated – no personal data is stored or tracked. Category 3 (functionality) and Category 4 (targeting or advertising) cookies are not used. An opt-in message will be presented to you when accessing the website; by using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
11. This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service by Google (www.google.com/policies/privacy) Information about your use of this website is collected via cookies and transferred to and stored on servers of Google located in the US and elsewhere.
12. I do not use tracking links in any email messages that I may send to you.