Ann-Marie James Psychotherapist
What are your qualifications & experience?
- Master of Arts in Pastoral Counselling, New York, 2000
- BACP Accredited since 2009 (Member 566602)
- Co-Director, Mind Garden Therapy Ltd since 2010, Reading’s largest centre for psychological therapies
- Over 15 years’ experience in counselling & psychotherapy
- Certified Level 1 Coach with Precision Nutrition, 2019
- Certified Health Coach, National Society of Health Coaches (USA), 2020
- Certificate in Relationship Counselling, Marriage Care, 2010
- Certificate in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy, 2012
- Advanced Certificate in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy, 2012
- Certificate in Multi-Systemic Family Therapy (MST), 2002
- Bachelor of Arts in Counselling Psychology with Honours, Greenville University, USA 1998
I routinely pursue a range of professional development in variety of areas which currently include a special interest in the interplay between nutrition, physical health and psychological well being.
I have worked in various clinics, hospitals, and charitable organisations providing counselling to adults, couples and families since 2001 both in the UK and America. I have also undergone many years of personal psychotherapy which I believe is a critical element of training for all practitioners.
Do you have any specialisations?
Yes, my specialist areas include:
- Nutrition & fitness for psychological wellbeing & mental health
- Long term relationships
- Relationship difficulties including adjustment to divorce, separation, changes in primary relationships
- Mental illness & the impact on family
- Adult relationships in families (adult siblings / parents & grown children, etc.)
When do you have appointments available?
Appointments are currently only available online due to the COVID-19 Crisis. Appointments are available Tuesday daytime & evening, Thursday afternoon & Friday afternoon.
Where is your office?
I work at Mind Garden Therapy, 56 London Street, in central Reading. The centre is about a 7 minute walk from Reading train station and adjacent to the Oracle Car Park. View an online map.
Online sessions are held via Doxy, a secure online platform for telehealth.
How much does therapy cost?
£60 for adults (50 minute sessions), £85 for couples or families (hour long sessions).
Do you accept private health insurance?
Yes, for counselling and psychotherapy provision I am registered with AXA/PPP, WPA, Aviva & Vitality.