About Me & FAQ
Ann-Marie James Psychotherapist & Health Coach
What are your qualifications?
- Master of Arts, Pastoral Counselling, New York, 2000
- Bachelor of Arts, Counselling Psychology with Honours, Greenville University, USA 1998
- BACP Accredited since 2009 (Member 566602)
- Director Mind Garden Therapy Ltd since 2010, Reading’s largest centre for psychological therapies
- Certified Level 1 Coach with Precision Nutrition 2019
- Certified Health Coach, National Society of Health Coaches 2020
- Certificate in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy, 2012
- Advanced Certificate in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy 2012
- Certificate in Multi-Systemic Family Therapy (MST) 2002
I consistently pursue a range of professional development which currently includes a special interest in the relationship between nutrition, physical health and emotional well being.
I have worked in various clinics, hospitals, and charitable organisations providing counselling to adults, couples and families since 2001 both in the UK and America. I have also undergone many years of personal psychotherapy which I believe is a critical element of training for all practitioners.
Do you have specialisations?
Yes, my specialist areas include:
- Nutrition, fitness & physiology for emotional health
- Breathwork for anxiety & depression
- Long term relationships
- Relationship difficulties including adjustment to divorce, separation, changes in primary relationships
- Mental illness & the impact on family
- Adult relationships in families (adult siblings / parents & grown children, etc.)
- Adult Asperger’s / autism & the impact on families
What are your fees?
Psychotherapy: £60 for adults (50 minute sessions)
Couples or Family Therapy: £85 (hour long sessions)
Health Coaching: £40 (45 minute sessions)
Do you accept private health insurance?
Yes, for counselling and psychotherapy provision I am registered with AXA/PPP, WPA, Aviva & Vitality.
Where is your office?
I work at Mind Garden Therapy, 56 London Street, in central Reading. The centre is about a 7 minute walk from Reading train station and adjacent to the Oracle Car Park. View an online map.