About Me & FAQ
Welcome to Evolve Therapy
I’m Ann-Marie, an accredited psychotherapist and health coach with over 15 years experience working with anxiety, depression, relationship difficulties and much more.
I have a unique set of qualifications that I use to help people with:
- Anxiety, whether it’s new or been with you for a long time
- Mood difficulties, whether it’s low all the time, swings around or just isn’t as good as you would like it to be
- Self-optimisation in both body and mind
- Stress response, to help you live life more fully
- Relationship difficulties of any kind
- Family concerns, particularly around mental health or Asperger’s/Autism in families
- Athletic performance and sports nutrition
I have a long-standing interest in the crossroads of mental health and physiology. I believe in the power of talking therapy for healing, but also that sometimes you need to start with the body and work your way inward to the mind for deep, whole-person health.
As a therapist I believe in the importance of self-exploration, accountability & self-awareness. All of the coaching and therapy I provide I have undertaken myself in one form or another.
If you feel motivated for change but stuck, I would love to hear from you.
Because your potential is everything.
What are your qualifications?
- Master of Arts, Pastoral Counselling, New York, 2000
- Bachelor of Arts, Counselling Psychology with Honours, Greenville University, USA 1998
- BACP Accredited since 2009 (Member 566602)
- Director, Mind Garden Therapy Ltd since 2010, Reading’s largest centre for counselling.
- Certified Level 1 Coach with Precision Nutrition 2019
- Certified Health Coach, National Society of Health Coaches 2020
- Breathwork trained for stress, anxiety, mood & athletic performance with Shift (formerly Power Speed Endurance) and Intrinsic, 2019 & 2020.
- Certificate in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy, 2012
- Advanced Certificate in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy 2012
- Certificate in Multi-Systemic Family Therapy (MST) 2002
My professional development includes a special interest in the relationship between nutrition, physical health and emotional well being. I have also undergone many years of personal psychotherapy which is a critical element of psychotherapy training & development. I have worked in clinics, hospitals, and charities providing counselling to adults, couples and families since 2001 in the UK and the USA.
Where is your office?
I work at Mind Garden Therapy, 56 London Street, in central Reading. The centre is about a 7 minute walk from Reading train station and adjacent to the Oracle Car Park. View an online map.
Do you offer online sessions?
Yes, I offer online video sessions via Practice Better, a secure platform for health services.
Do you have specialisations?
Yes, my specialist areas include:
- Nutrition, fitness & physiology for emotional health
- Breathwork for anxiety & depression
- Long term relationships
- Relationship difficulties including adjustment to divorce, separation, changes in primary relationships
- Mental illness & the impact on family
- Adult relationships in families (adult siblings / parents & grown children, etc.)
- Adult Asperger’s / autism & the impact on families
You are welcome to contact me with questions or appointment requests.